Role: Caravan Service Technician
Located at our storage centre in Braeside, Melbourne
Are you looking to turn your passion for caravanning into a job with benefits? To spend your days talking about all things caravans and sorting through the challenge of light repairs to caravans? A place that will appreciate your ideas in our rapidly growing business?
If this sounds like you, keep reading…
We’re a Melbourne based caravan rental company called Victorian Caravan Hire and we are dedicated to bringing people together through the simple and affordable joy of the great outdoors.
We rent our rapidly growing fleet of caravans to holiday makers, insurance companies and people requiring extra space at home. We stand out from other caravan rental companies by offering customers a product and service they can trust to be reliable, consistent and high quality every time. We aim to go beyond what is expected in everything we do.
We are going through a rapid expansion and are looking for a passionate caravanning enthusiast to join our team at our Braeside storage centre.
To be successful with us you will love all things caravanning! You’ll have great communication skills and will love sharing your caravan knowledge with others. You must be self motivated and take great pride in completing a job to a high standard. You’ll enjoy being hands on fixing and repairing problems on caravans and will also enjoy using technology to track issues and help us continually improve our operating procedures. You will likely have a trade background which will help you find practical solutions to problems and you will definitely have a passion for caravaning. You will have travelled frequently on your own caravanning holidays and this will bring a wealth of first hand experience that you can share with our team and our customers.
You are excellent at explaining the workings of the caravans to customers, many of whom have not been caravanning before.
- Caravan preparation: Follow our procedures for getting caravans ready for customers to collect – check inventory and condition of caravans upon return from hire, restock and clean caravans, update online checklists to track the state of each caravan, record issues found, move caravans around in the storage centre as required using our work ute.
- Customer handovers: Walk customers through the operation of their caravan, show them how to hitch up to their car and make sure the caravan is attached safely for them to leave.
- After hours support: Be available at pre-arranged times to take after hours calls when customers have problems or questions (average 1 call a week). Available to work on some public holidays and during school term breaks.
- Caravan deliveries: Use our ute to deliver & collect caravans at customers within 5 hours of our storage centre in Braeside, as well as to & from local service & repair companies.
- Repairs: Capable of fixing a range of minor problems across the fleet (caravan repair companies are used for complicated or specialised repairs)
- Servicing: Work with service contractors to ensure caravans are serviced within their timeframe.
- Process improvement: Provide regular feedback on improvements to our Storage Centre Operating Procedures, helping us continually move towards a better outcome and a more efficient process. This strengthens our main point of difference which is to “offer customers a product and service they can trust to be reliable, consistent and high quality every time” and supports our core value which is “going beyond what is expected”.
- Stock management: Monitor stock levels and arrange replenishments as needed. Collect products and parts from local suppliers.
- A passionate caravanning enthusiast.
- Strong initiative to find solutions when things on a caravan do not operate correctly. Competent in making minor repairs.
- Dependable & responsible to work unsupervised.
- Proven experience towing caravans.
- Patient and supporting when helping customers, promoting our purpose which is “to bring people together through the simple and affordable joy of the great outdoors”.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
Why work with us?
Everything we do is about improving people’s lives – for both our customers and our team. As a company we will work together to achieve our company goals, and at the same time create space within your role where you can achieve your personal goals.
- Opportunities to holiday in our fleet of caravans
- A flexible work week averaging 3-4 days per week.
- A supporting email explaining why you are the right person for this role.
- A few words to share how long you’ve loved caravanning and the best place you’ve taken a caravan.
- At least 2 contact references (please provide email and/or phone number).